Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Images Of Dropped Uterus

Review: Rite




Since I Markus Heitz Ulldart series so far has really liked, I've occasionally of rite. and his successor Sanctum. daring. What to say is, the thing that I had to read very carefully, because I bought these two books at Phabula signed. It looks really classy, I can only recommend. :-) So

said in advance, I liked the book has good to very good. It took me so well animated, the continuation (Sanctum) then read also that the book is simply cut off at a certain point and then there is in Sanctum out further.

The book of course has striking similarities with the movie "Brotherhood of the Wolf" will be familiar to even the most. This film is based on the novel by Pierre Pelot if I'm not mistaken. It comes on the idea that Mr. Heitz seen the book or the movie and added to this story of the Beast of Gevaudan which is a separate, different action has come up. I think that's not bad, for me, the movie / book by Brotherhood of the Wolf already very much and so I have no problem to read another book about werewolves.

Markus Heitz book is set in two main strands. Once known, the end of the 18th Century plays, and then another in 2004. I like the historical perspective is clearly better, because I rather read how the werewolves will be fought with muskets as with glass floors. I also like the old Gevaudan in my mind better than modern France.

As for me a little disturbed, has been the predictability of some actions of the characters. As we know, for example, previously, the abbess of the chaste delight in the hunters will find Chastel, which is perhaps a little too cliché, but do not bother reading pleasure much. Markus Heitz has a very good writing style that I like better.

Conclusion: Who is on hearty and bloody hunts werewolves and even to the this book and the accompanying second part, to strongly recommend.

the recurrence of Sanctum will follow in the coming days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment