Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Why Does Orange Juice Cause Phlegm

The Mysterious Island




I find nice of Google, that one is reminded from time to time on special anniversaries. Today, therefore, 183rd Birthday of Jules Verne. I certainly would not come by itself it! In our wall calendar but are only the birthdays of the royal family. (This one had told us earlier cult of personality. ;-) Jules Verne's fault because I've learned to Russian not English, but French. At that time I devoured his books! Most of all I liked "The Mysterious Island" and "The Children of Captain Grant", both incredibly exciting and educational. And today I could, in contrast at that time, actually on the 37th Latitude to travel around the world. Well, that would be something ...

About a year ago, I have a modern read Jules Verne tale. Since it is also about a race around the world. And I've learned that so-called confluence points are - and people who hunt them. A confluence point is the intersection of a respective integer degree of longitude and latitude. The earth is full of them - there are more than 64,000! - But you do not notice when you stand on one. Now you have started on each case, gathering photos these points. Ideas come to the people ... (Well then, point to the next confluence! ;-)



eines dieser Bücher, illustriert von Werner Klemke ...


If Google had not reminded me I had of course never thought of it: Jules Verne completing 183 years today. Find out at all, someone has an eye on this. As children and youth, I read his books like crazy and I dreamed of traveling the world right on 37th latitude - as well as children who were looking after her father Captain Grant. Later I started learning French as a second foreign language - and not English like everyone else in my class. Now after the wall came down, it would actually go to travel around the world on 37th parallel. No idea if it comes off. But maybe it ... Though I could not even walk up those 400 steps outside the church tower where in Copenhagen. Then I probably would not have taken on a round the world either. * Sigh *




* * *



0 comments:

Post a Comment