Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Black Suit With Lime Green Pin Stripe

tracks in the snow


Gestures war mal wieder einer of these days ketchup bottle: First nüscht even happened - and then all at once. I wanted to start quietly with the printing of 800 letters to all our liberal swimmers - we had finally namely the right paper and the wrong envelopes obtained, ie, those that can not be pure stuff in the laser printer, regardless of na ... - When suddenly the phone rang storm and the mail from my dear customers in Berlin, only to come tumbling: Help, help, we can not print more lists! There must be some server down, I thought and then said out loud - and finally even to telephone and e-mailed, what could it be for and when it probably is good again. It

lasted, fortunately, not so very long before it was good again - and in the meantime I also have phoned the office supplies and mailed to order a stamp that we have the envelopes so now stuff is not yet in the laser printer could, as I had first planned. Then I quickly bought what, cooked food and after lunch, as it already almost three, I wanted to finally fire up the printer and start the merge. But suddenly there came a message that surprised me very much and made me forget all the form letters in the world now: Someone had sent me pictures from a walk in the snow, which is actually nothing more exciting, if not this Images with a big question mark would have been provided: What do you think is a wolf gone? The walk took place so that where I also very much about tramps in the woods, which are connected to the eastern suburbs. I was totally excited and I immediately contacted my soul brothers at the same time, conservationists and squeezed the track finder via mail for more information. On peaceful office work was of course not the question.

This morning, I will not only finally, finally printed out all the 800 letters, it went well and smoothly, but also get a mail from someone who is familiar with it: Yes, wir haben wieder mal Besuch von einem Wolf hier in der Gegend. Aber sage es nicht weiter! Der Nächste Jäger mit Wolfslizenz wohnt nur 20 km von hier. Also liebe Leser, psssst! Nicht weitersagen! Sonst wird der auch noch abgeknallt ...



Das Mobile auf dem Photo ist ungefähr 9 cm lang.


There are days that are like a ketchup bottle: At first nothing happens and then all at once. Yesterday, for example. Actually, I wanted to of course - in peace and quiet - get down to print all these letters to our 800 members, which contains the notice of the annual meeting and a nicely prepared invoice. We had finally succeeded in getting the right paper, things that have perforated remittance slip at the bottom - and a kind of wrong envelope, which can not run the laser printer, oh well, you can not have everything ... But just when I would start to print the storm began to phone calls and a lot of emails from my German clients came andes flight through cyberspace. Help, SOS, we can not print a single list! Well, now you soothe you, I thought, it will pass, it is surely only one server is down. It will recover soon enough. Can not you work on something else for a while? NEJM, it could be understood no, everything will be done nowadays, is supposed to be done immediately, no one has patience anymore. So I called around and emailed and rang - and it went again, finally. It had of course done, although I had not moved a single finger. But people want to feel pampered ...

Since I traded, cooked and shouted "Now!" to Seagull, which I usually do when dinner is ready. The clock had already managed to get three, when I for the second time building up my equipment in the kitchen to print at least some of these 800 letters. (Letter project had actually started to become a core issue for me, because we had already worked with the quite a while ...) Then came in an email that made me so amazed that I immediately forgot about my nice template for the slips and the nice Excel database that I was so proud. A woman sent photos she had taken when she was out walking with the dog. There were paw prints, pretty big - and she wondered: Wolf??? Or what do you think? (I will not reveal exactly where she took pictures, because you do not know if some crazy wolf hunters happen to read this. But there was at least not so far from Götaplatsen!) I sent the e-mail immediately on to my SNF-friends and thought: Oh, will you really so close, old Wile E. Coyote?

Today at noon, I finally fixed my letter project. Now, the other from the board to come and put them in envelopes and have fun with the three different stamps. A little later I also answer from SNF: Yes, a wolf has been found - with the participation of experts - in some districts here in the surrounding area and other observations were made on the day the woman had taken the pictures. Now I'm calm again. The letters are clear and the wolf there.



Es ist Vollbracht!
(
Beinahe wie zu Ausschreibungszeiten, nur nicht so ganz dramatisch.)


0 comments:

Post a Comment