Saturday, January 15, 2011

Unlimited Minutes For A Sidekick 08

running one learns only by running a


And the same applies to the ability to cope alone in the wilderness. You can probably read a little bit clever books, as it generally does so, but really learn - that is only through experience. Good experiences are good, bad experiences are sometimes a bit better: you do not forget so quickly. Today I finally booted into Vättlefjäll for skiing, the first time this winter! Actually, I already wanted to start last Saturday for a tour there, but then it had been raining but the whole day. And besides, I was even invited to a surprise concert. As it was now beginning the day! As I've

morning looked out the window, I thought: Oh, again so much snow. And then I waited with the eruption prefer a little more. Did not want to be anywhere out there first, and everywhere to lay the tracks in the freshly fallen snow. It was was about zero degrees and the snow is not directly from sugar. That is pretty tough. Since it is not so far. At twelve I was finally at the bus stop parsley road. "Last stop. Please get everything! From here the wilderness just a few minutes removed. "An hour journey time by public, first tram and then a bit of the bus. Surtesjön arrived at, I was out on the ice only a single account for anglers. skiers from far and wide, no trace. So there first in the virgin snow run ...

I had made a daily whim taken no backpack, but packed a minimal equipment in all kinds of jackets and pants. Wanted to try out how it works and how far I get with it. Running is natural much, much better without the backpack. And I've also enjoyed very much! Just like last year it took me a while to get me to venture onto the ice. Bin first ran a route through the forest until I discovered not far from the shore one other angler. He had an ice drill here and I immediately asked how thick it is. Oooch, at least 40 cm, he said. And since then I married well. (I have very great respect for certain natural phenomena.. The sea, for example, but even in a frozen lake water happens to have no bars ...)

After a while, I then found a ski tracks and it went much better forward. The route I knew well from last winter. Also, I was here in the summer with Toni hike and paddle. Well of course it all looked very different. Where else you heaves the canoe from the water and passes over a small hill to the nearest lake, everything was just white only. A hazy gray and white were now this way, the dominant colors. The sun was hidden behind thick clouds. No postcards or calendar pictures so ... Well, where am I last winter bent towards the right, under the small bridge through and so I am now even bent the left. First, I knew this lake yet - and secondly, I was keen on a geocache which can found only when one, either by canoe in the summer comes, or in winter over the ice. Abseiling can also, but that's absolutely nothing for me. This cache was thus more or less my Goal for the day today - and I've found the same. Was frozen just a bit and had to be thawed. I have now exactly 100 of them funny in my Schatzkistchen Found it! List. And all without GPS. Ha!

What I did today for bad experiences? Okay, once wanted to put my left ski somehow his head and forget to try whether he or probably a mature pine are stronger. I knew it beforehand, could not talk him out of it. Of course, the jaw was stronger - and I thought while I was with difficulty from the thick snow drift back out to work: Oh, Sch ... Now determines the ski tip is broken off. But she was fortunately still intact. If she stopped, I would much, much more needed for the return.

And for such cases is then a little bit of equipment already quite useful, perhaps even essential - in the event that it is not just the skiing, but also a bone breaks. A couple of matches or a lighter, a small aluminum cup, a tea bag or a stock cube. Half a bar of chocolate, a handful of trail mix. Maybe even a blanket , folded quite small. And in any case, a fully charged mobile phone! Mine was almost empty, which I "look on the Clock" at some point pretty scared said. The
may not me happen again!

I have lying around somewhere still such a small bag that you can strap around your waist. Belt bags are called, I think. So when I actually go out again without a backpack, which is indeed very beautiful because it is so light and agile feel, I'll take this bag and think in advance exactly what I pack into it there. Learn to run as I said just by walking ...



bleed I could not. But fire also do not do.
(A part is not visible in the photo. What is it? ;-)



Today I finally made my planned ski trip up on Vättlefjäll. It was the first time this winter - and really wished I already get started a week ago, but then came the rain and both call for a Viennese concert. I'm experimenting a bit with different ways to have things with me. Today was the minimal equipment in force, because it feels so nice to ski without a heavy backpack with a thermos and more. Sure you can go skiing 2-3 hours without eating something and drink something warm. Cold water will find you always, even this time of year. But then I learned that minimal equipment is still should be expanded a bit more. It was rather my left ski that taught me. It would at least consider how it feels to collide with a solid pine. I knew in advance that no pine were weak, the sheath appeared to be a little stubborn. So I closed my eyes after the blast had occurred and then looked very carefully: No, damn it, the sheath had not actually gone by! What luck! And not one of my legs either. But if it had happened, then it would probably have been good with some matches, a mug, which you can boil some water and maybe a candy bar. And in all cases a fully charged cell phone! Mine was almost over, which I noticed when I was far out in mountain. So it was today's lesson about the nightlife. Some things I just had to experience for yourself that they be securely attached to the head. It is not enough just to read books. Otherwise it was nice up there. I found even a geocache with terrain factor of four (five is the most difficult). It is therefore one that can only be accessed by canoe in summer or when the lake is frozen in winter. I was using at least not paddle today.


Acid Lake.


Gäddevattnet.


These small huts are found in larger intervals at many
lakes in the mountains.
There are always plenty of dry firewood.


Björkticka
(So a fungus had Ötzi with you!)



juniper will behave something spread.


picture puzzle: Where is the bank?


When the sun is not shining, the loneliness is greater.


Here's mud in summer. Yes, the winter has its advantages:
no mosquitoes, ticks, snakes. And you can go anywhere.


0 comments:

Post a Comment